[Parentsgroup-list] Re: day care contract

Andrea Heberlein heberlein at wjh.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 1 12:09:12 EDT 2007

I think this may vary by daycare and by age classroom.  Even though
most rooms have waiting lists, people on those lists may not be able
to get out of their current arrangements mid-year, or the demand for
a certain classroom may be lower than for others.  I say this only
because there was a half-time (afternoon) slot in my son's class at
Oxford Street in which the parents decided not to keep their child
there but had to continue to pay for several months until the spot
was taken by someone else.

good luck,
Andrea

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone familiar with the matter would be willing to give
us some advice. My wife and I will be moving to Boston with our baby.
We just realized that all Harvard affiliated day care facilities
require a one year contract. I was wondering what is the probability
of getting someone else to fill in our spot in case we ever break our
contract in the future (due to my wife's job). We figure that since
the demand seems to be very high it should not be a problem, but if
anyone has a better insight, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your kind advice

Best regards,

ludi