[Parentsgroup-list] Fwd: Re: doctoral student access to child care scholarships

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 11 20:14:43 EDT 2006

----- Forwarded message from Mary Ann O'Brien <maryann_o'brien at harvard.edu>
-----
    Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:33:48 -0400
    From: Mary Ann O'Brien <maryann_o'brien at harvard.edu>
 Subject: Re: doctoral student access to child care scholarships
      To: Christine Dianne Wenc <wenc at fas.harvard.edu>

Christine:  There are provisions in the enhancements announced yesterday to
assist doctoral students. They may not be administered in exactly the same way
as are the child care scholarships that go to Harvard faculty and staff
(employees).  We are working through the details how to do in the best possible
way for doctoral students. Call me and I can fill you in.  I should be around
between 1:30 and 3:00 ~ if we don't connect, please leave me a number where you
can be reached.

Thanks, Mary Ann

Quoting Christine Dianne Wenc <wenc at fas.harvard.edu>:

> Dear Ms. O'Brien,
>
> I wanted to congratulate you on the new work-life initiatives announced
> yesterday on the Harvard web site.  However, as co-chair of
> the GSAS grad student parents' organization, I need to ask whether it is
> actually true that doctoral students will be able to apply for Harvard
> child care scholarships.  Both the Gazette article and the Office of the
> Provost web site state that this is the case--but to the best of my
> knowledge, this is not so.  Has the rule changed?
>
> I will also try to call you on Wednesday afternoon.
>
> Thank you,
> Christine Wenc
> G5, history of science

Mary Ann O'Brien