[Parentsgroup-list] possible group discount on super cool kid bike seat

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 11 11:29:18 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have another question for you all.  I recently bought this incredibly cool
bike seat for little kids 40 lbs and under that sits at the FRONT of the bike
instead of in back.  It is much easier to use than the rear seats because your
center of gravity is stable, and you can can also easily talk to your kid,
touch them etc. when they are in the front.   Apparently they are used a lot in
Europe, but are just now starting to appear in the U.S.

I got in touch with the company and they might be willing to sell us some seats
at a discount if we got enough people.  So--I am wondering if anyone might be
interested in buying a seat.  I don't know what the discount is, but right now
the lesser-price version costs $50, so I expect the price would be fairly
reasonable.

Please see
www.weeride.com

for the 2 models of front seat.  (I got the "Kangaroo."  It really is awesome.)

(One of my projects for this year is to get this kind of 'co-op' thing going--so
more on that later...)

Best, Christine