[Parentsgroup-list] Volunteers needed to help the parents group!

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 11 09:38:48 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Hope you all had a good summer and are moving painlessly into the new school
year.

This is a request for a few members who would like to get more involved in the
group this year.  We are down to 3 of the original 6 steering committee
members, and we definitely need some more folks to help out.  New blood is
always good, and as you know, everyone is stretching themselves pretty thin
with school and kids--so we tend to need twice as many actively-involved people
than other student groups.  (Consider it job-sharing...)

Our most pressing need is actually coming up really fast.  Is anyone willing to
sit at a table in front of Dudley House this Wednesday, Sept 13 from 12:30 -
4:00 and represent the parents' group for "SeptemberFest," this year's
greatly-modified version of the busy registration/orientation activities
previously associated with in-person registration?  I doubt you will get much
business since we are now comfortably isolated at home with our online
registration, but it's always good for new students who might be wandering
around wondering where the heck the student day care center is.  None of the
the current committee members is able to make it at that time.

The purpose of the table is simply to hand out  info about the group and the
situation of grad parents at Harvard, and add people to the email list--and,
more importantly, to just let other student parents know that we exist and We
Are Here To Help.  Your kids are, of course, welcome to hang out with you.
(Milo had a lot of fun last year with the Dudley House lion...he didn't stop
talking about it for months.)

This could be a one-time thing or part of a greater involvement this
year--whatever you like.

Please let me know if you are interested in either the SeptemberFest table, or
in helping us out in general.

Best, Christine