[Parentsgroup-list] Fwd: Harvard Presidential Search

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 4 22:57:32 EDT 2006

>From Sarah Carter, someone who is very supportive of grad student parents.

----- Forwarded message from sarah carter <scarter at fas.harvard.edu> -----
    Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 01:32:43 -0400
    From: sarah carter <scarter at fas.harvard.edu>
 Subject: Harvard Presidential Search
      To: emd at deas.harvard.edu

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I write to ask for your help.

Emilie Dressaire and I are the two GSAS representatives on the Student
Advisory Group to the Presidential Search Committee.  You may have read
about our group in The Crimson
(http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=3D514647) or in The Gazette
(http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/05.18/02-search.html).

We are seeking the opinions of GSAS students on who should be the next
president of Harvard.  What features should he or she have?  Where
should the president lead our University?  Please share your ideas on
these important matters.  We have been assured that the Search
Committee will take our opinions very seriously.  Plus, we have a
wonderful opportunity to let the new president know what really matters
to GSAS students.

There are three ways to offer feedback:
1. Attend one of our upcoming events, including one TODAY:
**Cookies and Conversation about the Harvard Presidential Search,
Wednesday, October 4th, 5:15-6:15PM, Dudley House Fireside Room.
**Breakfast and Conversation about the Harvard Presidential Search,
Thursday, October 12th 8:30-10AM, Dudley House Fireside Room (please
R.S.V.P.,  gsearch at fas.harvard.edu).
**President Bok discusses the role of the Harvard President, followed by
Pizza with GSAS Student Advisory Group members, Monday, October 16th,
4:15-5:15, dinner to follow. Location TBA.
2. Take the short survey: studentinput.harvard.edu (and possibly win a
prize!)
3. Email me (and Emilie) with your ideas at this address or at
gsearch at fas.harvard.edu. You can also email a nomination directly to
the Search Committee at psearch at fas.harvard.edu.

All of you are busy with teaching, exams, and your own research and
writing. Many of you are active citizens of the Harvard community and
the world beyond.  Thank you for taking the time to address this
important matter. If this seems interesting to you, consider passing
this message on to your friends and colleagues.  If you would like to
receive more information about upcoming events please let me know.

Thank you,
Sarah
----- End forwarded message -----