[Parentsgroup-list] please post me

Petra Gelbart petragelbart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:39:33 EST 2006

Hi everyone,
Wow, so this list works? :-) I haven't gotten any other posts.

My name is Petra and I recently joined this group. I'm a 5th-year in the
music department (ethnomusicology) and have been a mom for a year. My son,
Patrik, just turned two..

I was wondering
a) if there are any people at Harvard who have adopted/fostered a kid (or
more than one, or are planning to do so) and would like to get together to
disucss related issues (and have our kids meet :-)

b) if someone would be interested in babysitting-swapping, e.g., we get two
or three parents together with their kids and then each parent works for,
say, two ours while his/her kid(s) is/are being watched by the other(s).
This could happen on campus, at my apartment in Central, Square, etc.
Childcare is expensive and I don't have enough of it. So, for some of the
time I'm with my son, I wouldn't mind playing with someone else's kid(s).
Both/all our kids will get more attention than they do in group care,
anyway...

c) are there any other get-togethers of Harvard parents...?

Thanks,
Petra