[Parentsgroup-list] Official recognition / COOP funds

Linda Liang lliang at deas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 16 12:51:18 EST 2006

Congratulations on the appointment as an official club!

I am writing to let you know that the COOP has a fair amount of grants
that are designated for public/community service projects around the
area.  In general, there is interest from the COOP community to help
support parents, but they said that they hadn't heard of any particular
ideas or programs that has really fit with the designation of the
funds.  Although, reviewing grants this past month, we discussed the
possibility of perhaps having the COOP fund a co-op type of child care
for the graduate students. While they can't provide money for
individuals for child care purposes, they seemed agreeable to the idea
of helping fund and set up a program that will benefit many graduate
students, if the need is there.  I was wondering what your thoughts were
on this as parents, and if there is a need and interest of some sort
along these lines.

Sincerely,
Linda Liang
Dudley Public Service Fellow