[Parentsgroup-list] credit card reward points for 529 college savings plan--scam?

Anna Shusterman anna.shusterman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:59:33 EDT 2006

For what it's worth, our financial advisor is not a big fan of 529 plans.
You can save for college in some retirement accounts (apparently you can
take money out of some IRAs for college without penalty), but you can't use
529s to fund anything other than education.

Although anything that a credit card company feels like giving you for free
is good, I suppose. I'm a big fan of the ones that give you cash back. I
like getting the checks in the mail.