[Parentsgroup-list] Vaccinations

Patricia Malone patriciamma at comcast.net
Wed Jun 28 07:54:14 EDT 2006

Dear Kirsten (and everyone else too, of course),

You ask for advice on a public forum, raise a question on an extremely =

controversial topic (one that has public health consequences and is =

therefore not merely personal), and get a response that you are not =

happy with. Not an overtly insulting or offensive response either, but =

an expression of one person's opinion.

You then shut down debate on the topic, while at the same time =

expressing your (inflexible) position on moral and political grounds.

I'd just like to say, interesting rhetorical strategy.

This forum has been a helpful source of information and support. But =

are we really barred from engaging in debate on such interesting =

issues? Especially if the arguments are conducted respectfully? (And I, =

for one, did not find Malcolm's comment disrespectful.) Obviously, we =

do not all share the same political convictions - my question is where, =

here in this forum, are the lines to be drawn?

Respectfully yours, (and I mean that!)
Patricia