[Parentsgroup-list] delead apartments

Kyla Ebels Duggan ebels at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 26 12:52:16 EDT 2006

Here are two possibilities for deleaded apartments:

Our current apartment is in Union Square in Somerville on Putnam Street.
It's managed by Greater Boston Properties, and you can find the number on
the web.  There is a whole row of townhousey buildings, all deleaded.  The
management is not stellar, but not terrible, and the apartments are
spacious.

Another possibility is our old landlord, Hugh Gelch.  He has some deleaded
places, and is working on upgrading all of his places (a rare landlord who
follows the law on this without having his arm twisted).  He was a great
landlord.  His number is (617) 964-4220.  He doesn't have a whole lot of
places in Somerville, and most of what he has is quite small.

Also, we learned in looking for a place that landlords who are just
renting out an apartment in their own home are not required to delead like
others are.

good luck!
Kyla