[Parentsgroup-list] Belmont?

Ryan Larsen rlarsen at deas.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 21 08:17:15 EDT 2006

Our family has lived in Belmont for 4 years and we really like it.  You
pay less in rent (by a few hundred dollars a months, it seems), I think
there is more space between houses than in Cambridge with more yard
space available, it's generally a quiet town, and the buses ony take
about 20 minutes to get to Harvard.  The public schools are very good in
Belmont, which may be why it seems more expensive to live in Belmont
than Watertown.  My son will be going to the Belmont Co-op pre-school in
the Fall.  There is also a good pre-school at Winn Brook elementary that
is associated with the public schools.  Our neighborhood has a great
sense of community.  There are many people with small children near us
and our family spends a lot of time in the backyard with the
neighborhood families.  I've found two good apartments in Belmont with
Wendy Ashford as our realtor.  Her number is 617-489-6111.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Ryan