[Parentsgroup-list] MassHealth Family Assistance

geren at fas.harvard.edu geren at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 24 16:21:04 EDT 2006

Your child can get MassHealth Family Assistance if your yearly income is less
than $49,824 for 3 member households, or $60,012 for a family of 4.
The new eligibility criteria are updated on some parts of the webpage but not
others. (It is Not updated in the "Who is eligible for MassHealth?">"Financial
Eligibility" section.)

Finally, help for the 2 graduate student families who just missed the cutoff
based on our pre-childcare incomes! Since we were already on Children's Medical
Security Plan we are on the Direct Coverage Plan. Does anyone know if there is
an advantage to switching to Premium Assistance and using HUHS for doctor's
office care? Personally I am happy not traveling to Harvard when my baby is
sick.

Best,
Joy