[Parentsgroup-list] MassHealth Primary Care Plan for baby

Chi-Kuo Hu ckhu at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 22 23:25:52 EDT 2006

Hello, is here anyone who has experience on MassHealth?  I am an international
student in GSAS.  My three-month-old son just got granted the MassHealth and
now I need to pick up one primary care plan for him.  Anyone who ever in the
MassHealth plan can give me any suggestion?  Right now my son is in HUHS/BCBS
and we love our doctor (Elizabeth Miller) very much.  Does any MassHealth
primary care provider plan covers doctors from childrens hospital like
Dr.Miller?

Besides, what is the major difference between HUHS/BCBS and MassHealth/PCP ?  Is
the former significantly better than the latter?  My personal feeling is Harvard
insurance for student is not good enough and much worse than the insurance for
staff/postdoc.  We pay more but have less benefit in returen.  Is the
MassHealth even worse than HUHS/BCBS?  Since MassHealth is free, I am very
happy it could save some money from my not-that-deep pocket, but also worry
about the quality at the same time.

Any feedback will be appreciated.  Thank you!

Chi-Kuo