[Parentsgroup-list] Harvard-Affiliated Daycare Users

Christine Dianne Wenc wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 16 00:07:47 EDT 2006

The day care scholarship is indeed going to be offered, but not sure when
exactly--they did tell me that they were planning on making them available
this fall.  (Get on those waiting lists!)

Regarding PT--again, my understanding is that the scholarships are
going to be administered by each individual center.  (They operate outside
of Harvard, and Harvard cannot tell them what to do.) So I would check
with
the center your kid has been admitted to, because they are the ones who
will make the call about full-time vs part-time.

I wouldn't hold your breath for part-time scholarships, though--my
understanding is that most day care centers prefer full-time clients and
so they might not do much to encourage more part-time kids.  But you never
know--they are all different--so you just need to ask.  If lots
of people inquire about PT scholarships, maybe they will see that there
is a need for them.

Also, even if you're way down on the waiting list, remember that plenty of
people are on more than one list, and also that they are going to add I
think 200 more slots.  Don't know if this is all at once, though.

--Christine