[Parentsgroup-list] EVENT REMINDER: From Ballroom to Babies

Brandeis McBratney-Owen mcbratn at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 30 10:49:09 EST 2006

Dear Parents-
This is reminder for an event this Wednesday.  Please see note at bottom about
bringing children.  Hope to see parents there!

-Brandeis

EVENT THIS WEEK!..............

>From Ballroom to Babies:
The challenges and rewards of achieving work-life balance in graduate
school and beyond

February 1, 2006
4:00  6:00 pm
Harvard University
Dudley House Common Room

Five women at various stages of academic scientific careers will share their
work-life balance experiences. Presentations will be followed by a discussion
session and socializing over snacks.  All members of Harvard community welcome.

Sponsored by Harvard Graduate Women in Sciences and Engineering (HGWISE)

Speaker List:

Maryam Modjaz (astronomy grad student/FAS)
Jennifer Sokoloski, PhD (astronomy post-doc/FAS)
Susan Dymecki, PhD (genetics faculty/HMS)
Marjorie Oettinger, PhD (genetics faculty/HMS & MGH)
Beate Lanske, PhD (developmental bio faculty/HSDM)

***As the format of the panel is casual, please feel welcome to bring babies
and older kids along. If you have toddlers or older children, we can try to
arrange having a a babysitter or two to entertain them in the back of the
meeting room--please contact Brandeis at mcbratn at fas.harvard.edu as soon
possible if you are interested in this arrangement. We do not want people to
be unable to attend due to lack of childcare.

--
Brandeis McBratney-Owen
Ph.D. Candidate