[Parentsgroup-list] nanny share or SAHM looking for extra $ wanted

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 9 13:31:01 EST 2006

Hi all,

Here is my very detailed ad for child care :).  Please forward to anyone you
think might be interested.  I prefer to be within walking distance of Harvard
Square if possible.  Thanks!  --Christine

-----------------

Wanted:
Nanny share in Harvard Square
OR
Stay-at-home mom with a small child looking for extra money

Nanny share wanted from 8:45-3:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  (Times are
somewhat flexible, but it needs to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays for about 6
hours each day.)  I can pay up to $8/per hour for my half of the share.  (That
means $16/hour for the nanny during the share hours.)  I would also be willing
to pay a stay-at-home mom $10/hour to care for my kid along with hers.

I am a grad student at Harvard.  My son will be 4 in March, and is a happy,
easygoing, lively, verbal kid who plays well with others.  He goes to a
Montessori preschool on MWF mornings, and his teacher there says he is usually
very polite with the other children.  (He *is* still 3 years old, of course!)

I appreciate the ‘attachment parenting’ philosophy and am in general pretty
crunchy-granola.  My son only recently stopped nursing, we do not have a TV,
and I avoid all mass-marketed licenced-character kids’ products (except for
Thomas, sigh).  We are mostly vegetarian, do not eat beef or processed meat
products, and avoid all junk food.  (The occasional ice cream or homemade
cookies are OK...)  We are hoping to find someone with a similar point of view.

I don’t care that much about trips to the Children’s Museum and the like—in some
ways I avoid this stuff, since my kid has a pretty exciting life just as it is.
I am looking for a caregiver who is warm, loving, creative and is content to
either let the kids play on their own or else can gently direct them in various
low-key projects--making stuff, digging in the garden, riding the tricycle
around, going for walks, etc.  Spending time outside is crucial—we go out every
day unless it is absolutely freezing.

Let me know if this interests you.  I’d say a kid aged from about 2.5 to 5 would
be great for us.  Thanks!