[Parentsgroup-list] No well-baby visits with BCBS??

Amanda Alvine amueller at math.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 4 10:03:28 EST 2006

My daughter *is* 4, and they laid out *in the BCBS list of covered care*
that you had x # of well-baby visits for this age child, with any doctor
who took BCBS, *certainly* 4 years ago, and almost certainly this last
year when I had my second baby and checked back into it.  I have used the
out-of-house pediatrics.  I have been with UHS for going on 8 years now
(blush!).  This is new--at least relatively new.

UHS is absolutely primary care for adults.  No argument.  But they used to
let you choose your pediatrician elsewhere, perhaps because they don't
have as full a range of drs to choose from on the 4th floor.

Do they still let you go out-of-house for OB?  They also have in-house OB
staff....

--Amanda