[Parentsgroup-list] Babysitting WIKI?

Miriam Shakow shakow at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 4 01:53:38 EST 2006

Hi everyone,
I think I understand from context now what a WIKI is -- a website with =

info specific to our needs that can be modified by any of us.  A good =

model for info format is the Berkeley Parents' network: =

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/

Also, here is wikipedia on "wiki"s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

Take care,
Miriam

On 12/3/06 5:26 PM, wenc at fas.harvard.edu wrote:
> Dear Elizabeth--excellent!  I have been wanting to put together some cent=
ral
> database of information for parents that could be added to & edited as ne=
eded,
> but just haven't taken the time to do it.  But this is definitely a start.
>
> To the group: Other things we could include could be advice on:
>
> Doctors/dentists
> Landlords and brokers (including ones to avoid)
> Housing openings
> Child care providers, good and bad
> Kid stuff shopping recommendations (like, to check out the Children's Orc=
hard if
> you haven't already, etc.)
> Activities & entertainment
>
> Anything else you think we should include??
> and anyone know how we get web space for this?
>
> Christine
>

> Quoting Elizabeth Lai <laielizabeth at yahoo.com>:
>
>   =

>> Hi
>>
>>   I'd be happy to have a go at it.
>>
>>   Cheers
>>   Elizabeth Lai
>>   Spouse of Doctoral Candidate
>>   HBS
>>

>> Paula Broadwell <paulabroadwell at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>           For the benefit of the group and future members, perhaps we sh=
ould
>> start a wiki with this type of information.  It would be extremely usefu=
l to
>> many of us.
>>
>>   Anyone skilled at creating a wiki?
>>
>>   Paula