[Parentsgroup-list] Mass Health, changes to Harvard Blue Cross policy

Chi-Kuo Hu ckhu at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 5 15:55:54 EDT 2006

Yes, you don't have to be a non-citizen to get Masshealth.  But not all
kinds of non-citizens are qualified for MassHealth too.  In Appendix
required to be filled by non-citizens, it states several possible situations
which non-citizens are qualified for Masshealth.  For me, it looks like
F1/F2 doesn't fit any of them.   In fact, I applied twice, before and after
my baby's birth.  Usually your application will be filed and they will know
if you ever applied before (I know it because they misspelled my and my
wife's name by the same way on both rejection letters).
I have a question.  If they are really willing to cover part of all of
F1/F2s' insurance fee, will Mass Gov. be broken very soon?  I bet almost all
international students are qualified for the low-income definition in MA.
Chi-Kuo