[Parentsgroup-list] Mass Health, changes to Harvard Blue Cross policy

Chi-Kuo Hu ckhu at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 5 14:21:41 EDT 2006

Based on my own experience, even the MassHealth is not restricted to US
citizen, F1 or F2 Visa holders are not qualified for it.  That is the main
reason listed on the letter why my wife and I got rejected.
My 4-month old son is a citizen and granted the MassHealth.    Thanks for
the info from parents in this mailing-group, I transferred my son to the
premiums assistance program.  The MassHealth office is quite efficient
actually.  I faxed documents at 11am and got an email at 4pm telling me my
son is qualified and checks will be sent monthly.  I just got the check
yesterday.
Documents I faxed:
1. Application form I got it from premiums assistance office's email, which
is a two-page form.
2. A letter from HUHS at holyoke center, verifying you and your family members
enrolled in the HUHS/BCBS.
3. Get PDF files from HUHS website and print them out. A) Summary of HUHS
plan for 2007; B) Summary of BCBS plan for 2007, C) Rates of HUHS/BCBS for
2007
It also took us ~2 weeks for MassHealth application.  But once you got
MassHealth, everything should be easy and done quickly.  Hope it helps, and
thanks again for parents providing the valuable information about MassHealth
(especially Aimee Hickman!)
Chi-Kuo