[Parentsgroup-list] Mass Health, changes to Harvard Blue Cross policy

Christine Dianne Wenc wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 4 17:14:47 EDT 2006

This is great Brandeis--thanks!

A couple of things--
You do not have to be a US citizen to get Mass Health.

If you want to apply for Mass Health, I urge you to do it ASAP, since the
HUHS enrollment year has already started--and if you want to get Mass
Health to pay your Blue Cross premiums for your spouses/dependents, I am
sure it's smart to get it done soon.  It takes Mass Health 2-3 days to
send you
the application (unless you download it from the web site) and another 10
days to get approval.

**The student academic year starts on August 1 for HUHS purposes, so this
means we are already in the next term.**  I don't actually know how it
will work with the Blue Cross payment, so will keep you posted.  The
Harvard health insurance waiver deadline is Sept 30, so if you want to
just go with Mass Health, you will need to know by then.

To get a Mass Health application, call 1-800-841-2900.  I have just
started the application process so will be happy to pass along anything I
find out.

NOte changes to the Harvard Blue Cross policy--deductibles have doubled.
http://huhs.harvard.edu/PDF/AY07HealthInsChanges.pdf

Christine