[Parentsgroup-list] Any recommondation on obstetrician?

Hoyte hoyte at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 25 21:20:51 EDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 11:03 AM, tengli wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can anyone recommend a good obstetrician? Especially near harvard sq.
> Or inman sq.
> Anyone has the experience at cambridge women's health center or
> cambridge birth center both on 1493 cambridge street?
> Thanks a lot!
> -Teng (GSAS)

Hi Teng

Personally I have been very happy with Dr. Beth Hardiman.  Her office
is in Mt. Auburn Hospital which is just a few blocks outside the
square.  My best advice is to  try several practices --either phone
interviews or (if your insurance will allow) in-person visits until you
find a place that feels comfortable.  Dr. Hardiman was the third place
I tried after not particularly liking the "feel" of my initial visit to
two other practices.  I especially like that she delivers all of her
patients --not really sure how she manages that.  But I liked that I
knew she would be the one delivering my baby as opposed to whoever was
on-call when I went into labor.  Some people consider that a minus (it
means the doctor must be overworked), I considered it a plus.

Kirsten