[Parentsgroup-list] FAQ re: picnic

Christine Dianne Wenc wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 6 16:32:10 EDT 2005

1.  This is a picnic for grad students & their kids.  No faculty (aside
from our faculty advisors, who will also be invited), though of course if
any show up we won't be throwing them out.  We will also invite Garth
McCavana & maybe some deans, along with people from the work-life office.

2.  All grad students & their families are welcome, from all schools.
Harvard currently has no body which recognizes a student group which
includes members from all schools, so we are sort of forced to make this
an official GSAS group.  However, we will make it as clear as we can that
all grad students with kids are welcome to be a part of the group.

More answers as they arise.  We tried hard to make this a reasonable time
regarding naps, but we know that it can't work for everybody.  However, we
will hopefully have a tent up and then maybe snoozing stroller babies can
rest somewhere under there.  (The longest nap my son ever took when he was
a baby was in the middle of Thanksgiving preparations for 12 people, so
it is possible!)

--Christine