[Parentsgroup-list] FWD: Longwood Medical Area Child Care Center/ Scholarships

Christine Dianne Wenc wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Nov 5 12:41:46 EST 2005

And this is in Longwood--child care and preschool.

ALSO: At the recent GSC meeting, I was informed that Longwood/med school
area students (not sure of the exact designation) CAN indeed apply for the
faculty and staff child care scholarships.  (GSAS students cannot apply
for the fac/staff scholarships in Cambridge)  It's not a lot of money, but
their dean told me that if lots of people apply, they will have incentive
to make more money available.  I have no idea of deadlines, but I expect
they are quite early.  Some Googling will hopefully lead you to the right
office to submit your application.  (if I get around to it I will try to
find out as well...)

This is in contradiction to what is indicated below (which says no
discounts) but I had the impression that this funding availability is not
advertised.  Go Harvard bureaucracy.  If I have learned anything here,
it's that it can never hurt to ask about extra $$$, and that nothing is
etched in stone anywhere (time to completion, exam dates...).  If you have
a problem, always ask, even if there is apparently a rule stating just the
opposite of your desired answer.  The rules here can often be bent or
broken outright.

 --Christine