[Parentsgroup-list] breastfeeding rooms/spouse access to libraries etc.

Christine Dianne Wenc wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 29 15:07:26 EDT 2005

A couple of other things--

One, there are lactation roooms available at the Med School and on campus
at Holyoke Center (I think--see the postings on the bulletin board in the
pediatrics dept. in the Holyoke center.  There is also a lactation
consultant available during limited hours.)  Ped office is 617-495-4171.
They're busy but usually pretty nice.  (Though, in my experience, the docs
& nurses who work there don't know a whole lot about breastfeeding, nor
are they particularly supportive--they seem to advise stopping nursing
for really very little reason, are not up on even research from 10 years
ago, etc.  San Francisco this ain't.)

Two, your spouse/parter CAN get access to Harvard facilities--they can get
an ID for I think $20 which will let them use the library, MAC etc.  See the
library web site, I think.

More later, Christine