[Parentsgroup-list] Fwd: maternity leave in cross-cultural perspective (fwd)

Jean-Francois Gauvin gauvin at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 29 08:38:09 EDT 2005

Dear all,

coming from Montréal, my wife and I are still "disgusted" by this whole
thing. But maternity leave is just the beginning, because imagine our
utter shock when we found out we had to pay 45-55$ of daycare a day when
we could have had the same service in Montréal for... 7$!!!

Christine is right. The family values trope is full of (censured). In the
red states, it's equal with religion. Being agnostic myself, you can
imagine what I think about that...

Oh, well, we adapt.
JF

Jean-Francois Gauvin