[Parentsgroup-list] HUHS & breastfeeding

Christine Dianne Wenc wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 2 17:36:10 EDT 2005

Hmm--If anyone else has had issues with this, will you let me know?  The
director of HUHS should be aware of the problem, and we could write them a
letter recommending they get up to speed on this.  My first encounter was
Milo's 6-month checkup, where the CHIEF of HUHS's pediatrics dept
expressed astonishment that I was able to pull off the superhuman feat of
nursing my own child for such an amazingly long time.  Right then I knew
they were pretty out of it, and probably offered very little support or
accurate information.  (The enormous formula-company calendar right by the
appt desk & other formula marketing handouts scattered around didn't help.)

Christine