[Parentsgroup-list] Ground rules

David Vader vader at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 2 10:35:48 EDT 2005

I would like to thank Anna for pointing out those essential rules of
e-mailing, which are easily forgotten. I think that the point of this
e-mailing list is to bring together grad student parents so that we can
benefit from each other's experiences and knowledge, as well as work
together to improve the situation here at Harvard hopefully.
I think, therefore, that it is of primary importance that we focus on
our common goals and issues, rather than our differences, since that is
what this parents group is all about in my opinion. If we are not
careful of what we write and how we write it, then this group can very
quickly disintegrate, and that would be a shame, not only for us, but
also for all the future grad student parents for whom we're hoping to
better the conditions within this campus.

- Dave, parent of 5-month old Milo in Brookline