[Parentsgroup-list] On politics...

Easandberg at aol.com Easandberg at aol.com
Mon Aug 1 21:03:44 EDT 2005

OK, let's not throw sand at each other at Walden!

Obviously there are some very strong opinions/feelings out there in our
group. I would like to suggest that these discussions, if they continue, would be
more productive if we did not assume that we know what each other thinks,
believes, or has experienced based on a few comments, and didn't make personal
remarks.  I suspect that most of us hold more complicated views on these issues
that can't be categorized as red, blue, family values, feminist, communist or
capitalist.

We have a common goal, to help each other navigate the process of parenting
as a graduate student.  I would hate to lose sight of that, or lose members who
might contribute a lot to us all.  Could we perhaps have two threads for this
group, one for continuing a more theoretical discussion of childcare issues,
and one for more practical and mundane matters?

- Eileen Sandberg,  Grad student in Health Policy in GSAS, working at HSPH
since the earth's crust cooled (feels that way, anyway, as this is my 5th and
last year!)

I'm also the Mom of Jonathan (age 13), Benjamin (age 11), Joshua (age 6) and
Samuel (age 4).