[Parentsgroup-list] preparing a survey

Ryan Larsen rlarsen at deas.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 25 13:31:21 EDT 2005

hello Parents Group,

I'm looking forward to our meeting this Sunday at the Dudley House.  I'm an=
 Applied Physics grad student parent of two boys, and I'm the guy who does =
the e-mail list.

Christine, Tonya, and I think that one of the most important things we can =
do at first is to gather information about how student parents are doing an=
d what issues are most important to them.  So I am working on organizing a =
survey of graduate student parents.  The Graduate Student Council (in GSAS)=
  has aggreed that we can used their web-based anonymous survey system to c=
onduct our survey.  I'm trying to write up a list of questions that I can p=
resent to the group on Sunday for your input, so that we can conduct the su=
rvey soon.  However, since I'm in Applied Physics I have no experience with=
 surveys.  So I'm writing to you in hopes that someone with knowledge and e=
xperience with surveys will be interested in helping me with this.  I'm hop=
ing that post-docs and graduate students from other schools will be able to=
 take the survey, even though It seems to me that we will probably have to =
focus our publicity efforts on GSAS students.  =

I also welcome help from people who, like me, don't know anything about sur=
veys but who want to participate.

Ryan Larsen
rlarsen at deas.havard.edu  =