[HTROCSC-Ann.] 北美台灣研究學會 NATSA 17th annual conference: Call for Papers

Joyce Yang jyang at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 8 16:34:32 EST 2010

FYI

--

*2011 NATSA Conference*
http://www.na-tsa.org/new/2011conference/call-for-panelspapers.html

    Welcome to The 17th Annual Conference!

*The Trajectory of Taiwan in a Global Context*

*June 17-18, 2011
University of Pittsburgh*

*Themes*:
I) Responding to Crises and Challenges: Rethinking the Concept of State and
Government
II) The Global Footprint of the Taiwanese People and the Boundaries of
Taiwanese Society: Description and Critique
III) National Political Agenda for the 21st Century: Assuring Social
Fairness, Environmental Integrity, Food Safety, and Healthcare Quality
IV) Culture and Political Economy: Symbol, Capital, and Power
V) Cross-strait Relations in the Making: Adding New Dimensions to an Old
Debate

*Special Workshop*:
The Vision of Taiwan Studies: Meeting the Next Generation of Taiwanese
Historians, Geographers, Anthropologists, and Scholars from Film Studies

Call For Panels/Papers [image:
Print]<http://www.na-tsa.org/new/2011conference/call-for-panelspapers.html?tmpl=component&print=1&page=>

*Abstract Submission Deadline: December 15, 2010*

*Panel Proposal Wanted!*

This year's NATSA conference is still open for both individual paper and
panel proposals. However, we recognize the increasing value of cooperation
between scholars and across disciplines in today's world. We therefore
strongly encourage applicants to form panel presentations. In order to
facilitate discussion, each panel should consist of *THREE* or *FOUR*
presenters.
Panel proposals will be given preference in the review process. Panels in
all disciplines and all subjects are appreciated. Panels with researchers
who take on a similar subject using different methodologies are particularly
welcomed.