[HTROCSC-Ann.] research associate/post-doc oppotunity

Harvard Taiwan ROC Student Club htrocsc at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:30:44 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fen J Lin <fenlin at cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:24 AM
Subject: a research associate/post-doc oppotunity
To: Fen J Lin <fenlin at cityu.edu.hk>

To whom it may concern,

Greetings from Hong Kong.

My colleagues and I are recruiting a research associate (or post-doc)
for an ongoing project.  I think this job opportunity might fit
interest of some subscribers of your email list.

I attach details in the following for your information.  We really
appreciate it if you can help distribute the information to those who
might be interested.

Thank you very much!

Fen Lin, Ph.D

Assistant Professor

Department of Media and Communication

City University of Hong Kong

852-3442-8691

Research Associate/Post-Doctoral Position at City University of Hong Kong

The Department of Media and Communication at the City University of
Hong Kong is seeking a research associate/post-doctoral fellow to
participate in a mass communication research project.  This full-time
position is available for a minimum of 12 months, with the possibility
of renewal for a second year. Salary will be commensurate with
qualification and experience.  The Department will sponsor a working
visa in Hong Kong.

Job Responsibility

The research associate/post doctoral fellow is expected to assist the
project in the following aspects:

Assist research design
Help collect and analyze data
Prepare and update related documentation, including literature review,
scholarly journal articles searches and work progress report
Manage administrative and logistics support related to the project

Eligibility

A successful candidate will:

1.      Have a Ph.D in mass communication or other related fields,
such as sociology and political science.  An ABD will be considered.

2.      Have experience in social science research, preferably in mass
communication research.

3.      Have quantitative research skills and familiar with
statistical softwares. Expertise and experience in content analysis
and discourse analysis are desired.

4.      Be fluent in both Chinese and English

5.      Have good communication skills in both writing and speaking.

Application

The application package should include

Curriculum Vitae
One-page statement on research interest and experience
Name and contact information of two references

Please send application to Prof. Tsan-Kuo Chang at
tkchang at cityu.edu.hk. Review of applications will begin June 15, 2010
until the position is filled.