[HTROCSC-Ann.] Jobs at Academia Sinica

Chao-Min Cheng ccheng at gmwgroup.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 1 14:31:42 EDT 2010

Dear friends/colleagues,

Hope that you are well. One of my friends is looking for technician and post-doctoral fellow in his group at Academia Sinica, as below.

-----------------------

Positions immediately available at Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica.

A newly-established and well-supported research program is looking for research technician and postdoctoral fellow in the area of single molecule and single cell imaging. We will employ single molecule imaging by FRET to monitor the structural dynamics in DNA and in the enzyme of DNA topoisomerases. We will also monitor the protein/protein interactions inside of a cell by FRET. Two sets of equipment will be utilized for the purpose of tracking the time-dependent fluorescence variations. One is to use Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence and an Electron Multiplying Charged Coupled Device, suitable for a time scale from seconds to milliseconds. Another is to use a confocal microscope equipped with a piezoelectric nano-positioner and Avalanch Photodiode Detector, with a dynamic range between millisecond and microsecond. Persons with Ph D, MS or BS degree in Physics, Engineering or Physical Chemistry, who have a strong interest in applying modern optical technologies to study key biological questions, are welcome to apply. Send your resume and names of referees by e mail ( charity at gate.sinica.edu.tw) to:

Dr. Tao-shih Hsieh, Director and Distinguished Research Fellow

Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology

Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan

Dr. Tao-Shih Hsieh is actually a professor at Duke University (Biochemistry Department) and moving back in Taiwan. He is a super nice person and an outstanding scientist...loves to help young persons. Please circulate this news or if you know that your colleagues or friends are looking for the research positions, please let them know this news. All the best and talk to you soon,

Chao-Min

post-doc. working with GMW

ccheng at gmwgroup.harvard.edu