[HTROCSC-Ann.] HIT 4pm Saturday, 9/19 Location Change! Jefferson Hall Room 256 & TSANA SURVEY

Harvard Taiwan ROC Student Club htrocsc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:23:29 EDT 2009

Hi 大家好,

由於本週六學校Dudley House場地無法使用, 週六鄭兆珉博士的演講改於Jefferson Hall Room 256 進行. Jefferson
Hall是物理系的建築, 地點在Science Center的北邊, 請參考地圖:
http://tinyurl.com/42mpd<https://webmail.fas.harvard.edu/horde/util/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F42mpd&Horde=6260415691ab6c1d54017f11e0489cc6>
我們會在Jefferson Hall門口貼標示. 另外, 我們會準備一些點心, 歡迎大家來參加!
演講資訊附加在公告的最後。

另外,在這邊轉寄一個北美台灣學生協會的活動消息,希望大家可以撥空填一下問卷。
謝謝!

佘孟儒 敬上

****
Subjust: TSANA做SURVEY抽獎活動
各位會長,

TSANA正在籌備下年度的台灣學生求職攬才活動。
為提供更符合學生需求的工作機會,TSANA麻煩各位幫忙將問券寄給同學們。填問券的同學有機會抽到五十元的獎金,歡迎大家告訴大家。
請點以下連結填完並且SUBMIT。
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dExnTjU3cktma3NPRkcySi1SZXkyd1E6MA
請在東岸時間9/21 5pm前送出,感謝!!

想得到TSANA即時訊息,請加入TSANA FACEBOOK GROUP:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=35333122019&ref=ts

The North America Taiwanese Students' Association
北美台灣學生協會
+1-919-259-9495
email at tsa-na.org
222 Old Fayetteville Road, Apt.E204, Carrboro, NC 27510
******

==================

Hi Everyone,
The location of tomorrow's HTROCSC Interdisciplinary talk is changed to
Jefferson Hall 256. Jefferson is the second building behind the science
center. (map http://tinyurl.com/42mpd<https://webmail.fas.harvard.edu/horde/util/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F42mpd&Horde=6260415691ab6c1d54017f11e0489cc6>)

Please come join us, the detail of the talk is attached below. And desserts
will be provided.

Title: Tools for Biology

Speaker: 鄭兆珉Chao-Min Cheng  CCB Postdoc
Place: * Jefferson Hall Room 256
Time: Sat. 9/19 4-5pm

Abstract
The link between mechanics and biochemistry has been implicated in a
myriad of scientific and medical problems, from orthopedics and
cardiovascular medicine, to cell motility and division, to signal
transduction and gene expression.  Most of these studies have been
focused on organ-level issues, yet cellular and molecular research has
become essential over the last decade in this field thanks to the
revolutionary developments in microelectronics, genetics,
biotechnology, and information technology. Herein, I will present some
of our previous works with micro- and nano-technology development and
how they are being used to probe scientific questions related to
cellular and molecular structure. In addition, I will also introduce
some projects that we are working on in the Whitesides group, which
are developing paper diagnostics systems for developing countries.

best,
renee