No subject

Wed Aug 12 22:03:04 EDT 2009

around the base of Tucker Hill, take a side trip to Tucker Hill via the
Skyline Trail (blazed in blue-dash), and return to the
Houghton's Pond. This mostly level forested loop trail is about 2 miles (1.5
hours).

2)      Lunch ( 11:30-1:00 PM )
TAA-Boston will prepare lunch boxes and oranges. Lunch will start around
11:30 at Houghton's Pond picnic Site #3 (we will move to Site #4 or #2, if
#3 is occupied). See the attached Picnic Area Map for the
locations of picnic sites.

3)      Group Activities ( 1:00-3:00 PM )
We will introduce students, chat with each other, bake sweet potatoes, and
play volley ball, badminton, and Frisbee on the lawn near our picnic area.

Fee for Lunch Box:
TAA-Boston Member and Friends: $10/per pc.
Taiwanese Students: be our guests - free of charge.

Drink:
Please bring your own water/drinks, especially for those who will join our
hiking. We'll prepare only limited amount of water for lunch.

Registration:
We need to order the lunch boxes beforehand. Please register with us before
9/29 (Tuesday). Please note (for all participants): No Registration, No
Lunch Box!

Contact: Sara Wang   csshw at yahoo.com  or (781)863-9874   Julie Tsai
(781)862-0379

Parking: The Houghton's Pond parking lot that has many free parking spaces
(see the attached Location and Trail Map). The visitor center and a kids'
playground are near the parking lot.

Driving Direction:

If you're coming from the north or west (from Route 128 southbound), take
Exit 2B (the south side Exit 3 is closed for bridge reconstruction) to the
first traffic light and turn right onto Blue
Hill River Road/Hillside Street, continue for about a mile and pass a stop
sign, go straight shortly (less than 1/4 miles) and the Houghton's Pond
parking lot is on your right.

If you're coming form the south or east (from Boston/Quincy area), take Exit
3, go straight to the stop sign, turn right onto Hillside Street and shortly
Houghton's Pond parking lot is on your right less
than 1/4 miles.

MBTA:   The Great Blue Hill and Houghton's Pond sections are accessible from
the Red Line to Ashmont Station. From Ashmont, take the high speed line to
Mattapan. The Canton and Blue Hills bus
services the Trailside Museum and Great Blue Hill on Route 138. For the
Houghton's Pond area, exit the bus at Blue Hill River Road . Cross the road
and walk one mile east on Hillside Street .

Best regards,
Sara Wang

=========================

2. ROCSA and BUTSA will co-host Mid-Autumn Festival Party at MIT on Oct 3.

Of course, Harvard students are welcome. Attached please find our Mid-Autumn
Festival Party flyer.

Time: Oct 3, 18:00 ~ 22:00
Location: Eastgate lounge, 60 Wadsworth St., Cambridge, MA 02142 (3 min walk
from Kendall Sq. T)

RSVP: http://tinyurl.com/m4ddzp  by 9/30 12pm (noon)

Tickets:
$5  ROCSA or BUTSA member with RSVP
$7  ROCSA or BUTSA member without RSVP
$12 others with RSVP
$14 others without RSVP

Please come to enjoy great food, mooncakes, and the spectacular night views
of Boston from Eastgate lounge.

--001636ed76857ef07404749a392a

Hi Everyone, <br><br>HTROCSC is forwarding=A0 two announcements on events t=
ue Hills Reservation, Hillside Street , Milton , MA<br>with moon cakes, bak=
ed yams and
IT ROCSA &amp; BUTSA Mid-Autumn Festival Party<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote=
">Oct 3, 18:00 ~ 22:00<br>at Eastgate lounge, 60 Wadsworth St. (3 min walk =
from Kendall Sq. T)<br>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<br>
1. TAA Fall Outing Event Registration (by 9/29)<br><br>
Dear TAA-Boston members (and Taiwanese Students),<br>

It comes the time in the year for us to welcome the area&#39;s Taiwanese st=
udents and to enjoy the New England &#39;s foliage with our new and old fri=
ends. This year we will go to the Blue Hill Reservation for hiking<br>

and picnicking. Please save the date and join us to welcome our fellow Taiw=
anese students.
Date: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Saturday, October 3 (Rain Date: October 17)<br>
Place: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Blue Hills Reservation, Hillside Street , Milton , MA=
=A0 (see the driving direction at the end of this page.) The park is locate=
d south of Boston . It stretches over 7,000 acres from Quincy to<br>
Dedham , Milton to Randolph , providing a green oasis in an urban environme=
nt. With its scenic views, varied terrain and many hiking trails, the reser=
vation offers year-round outdoor enjoyments. Our<br>
activity will be at the Houghton&#39;s Pond picnic area.<br>
Time: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A09:00AM , meet at the Houghton&#39;s Pond Visitor Cente=
r (see the attached map).<br>

Activities:<br>

1) =A0 =A0 =A0Hiking around the Tucker Hill ( 9:00-11:00 AM )<br>