[hcs-d] Teach CS to Underpriveleged students

Emily Shoemaker emilyshoemaker at college.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 8 16:55:20 EST 2018

*Hi everyone! I worked with the coding school over the summer, and they are
a fantastic group bringing CS education to underrepresented kids. They're
looking for another spring semester teacher, so please consider the
opportunity!*

TEACH UNDERREPRESENTED KIDS HOW TO CODE!

Help increase diversity in the field of computer science by teaching
*one-on-one* coding lessons to a student *from the comfort of your own
home!*

The Coding School is a nonprofit organization partnered with USC and UCLA
and has a team of 600 passionate instructors across the U.S. who have
taught over 35,000 hours of code to  K - 12 students.  Dedicated to
empowering the next generation through computer science education, The
Coding School is looking for software engineers and students majoring in CS
to teach coding to an underrepresented middle or high school student. Your
commitment can be as little as *one hour per week* and flexible around your
schedule.

We're currently recruiting for Spring semester (Jan - April).

To sign up and find more information about The Coding School and our
codeConnects Program, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/TCSteacherF18

 Thank you, and we look forward to you joining our teaching team!