[hcs-d] Tech Talks Tomorrow: Duolingo + Addepar!

Catherine Tu catherine_tu at college.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 27 17:25:18 EDT 2017

Hey all,

We have two great talks tomorrow! See below for more info:

*Duolingo Tech Talk: Data-Driven Education*
Thursday,* September 28**, *5 - 6pm
*Sever 103*
*Felipe's +** swag will be provided!*

[image: Inline image 1]

Please RSVP here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/duolingo-tech-talk-at-harvard-tickets-38154376768>
.

Join Duolingo for an info session and tech talk on how we've built the most
downloaded education app in the world with over 200 million users. Software
engineers Joseph Rollinson and Diane Yang (Harvard '16) will share how we
use data to build better language courses and improve learning outcomes.
The talk will be followed by a Q&A and a chance to mix and mingle with the
team.

*P.S. We're hiring! *We're looking for software engineers, designers, and
product managers -- both interns (open to students graduating in 2019) and
full time. Resumes welcome!

*Addepar Tech Talk: Working with Financial Data*
Thursday, *September 28, 6 - 7pm*
*Sever 102*
*Dinner + swag provided!*
[image: Inline image 2]
*RSVP here <https://www.facebook.com/events/114926032522625/>.*

Come see what it's like working in the fintech industry! An investment
management technology company, Addepar leverages systems and frameworks to
efficiently manage and run calculations on hundreds of tthousands of
financial portfolios. They use their software to find answers to problems
such as modeling financial portfolios and giving proper consulting advice
as a result of their findings. Addepar's employees and recruiters will be
giving a talk about their product, their vision, and how you can get
involved with their opportunities! Food + swag provided, of course!

*Catherine Tu*
Anticipated A.B. Candidate in Computer Science
Harvard University | Class of 2020