[hcs-d] Machine Learning in the Car: Tech Talk with NVIDIA on Wed., 9/27 @ 5:30pm

Coveney, Sheila coveney at seas.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 19 12:39:10 EDT 2017

Tech Talk with NVIDIA: Machine Learning in the Car
Jan Kautz - Senior Director of Visual Computing and Machine Learning Research at NVIDIA<http://research.nvidia.com/person/jan-kautz>

DATE: Wednesday, September 27
TIME: 5:30 - 6:30pm
LOCATION: 60 Oxford Street, Room 330
Light dinner will be served!

ABSTRACT: Data show that ninety percent of car crashes involve some form of driver distraction. Until we reach complete automation in cars, the driver will continue to be in the loop. To make cars safer and to enhance the driving experience, at NVIDIA, we are designing smart interfaces inside cars using computer vision and deep learning technology. I will describe our research on monitoring the driver using NVIDIA’s tracking technologies, including head pose, gaze tracking, and dynamic hand gesture recognition.

SIGN-UP HERE<https://goo.gl/forms/fEzmV0cgOsYxXqBB2> (registration required)

Hosted by the Institute for Applied Computational Science<https://iacs.seas.harvard.edu/> at SEAS