[hcs-d] Fwd: [Hcs-board] Job Opportunity for Harvard Students

Richard Ouyang rouyang at college.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 15 21:07:26 EDT 2017

consumer financial protection bureau

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kazar, Leah (CFPB) <Leah.Kazar at cfpb.gov>
Date: Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:33 PM
Subject: [Hcs-board] Job Opportunity for Harvard Students
To: "hcs-board at hcs.harvard.edu" <hcs-board at hcs.harvard.edu>

To the Harvard Computer Society coordinators,

I hope that the new school year is off to a good start for you! The
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is recruiting this fall for the
Director’s Financial Analyst position, and we want to encourage Harvard
Computer Society members to apply. I hope you will take time to pass this
message along to the organization.

*ABOUT THE PROGRAM  *

This unique, two-year rotational fellowship sits at the intersection of the
federal government and the financial services industry. Director’s
Financial Analysts are given the opportunity to hone analytical and problem
solving skills while helping to make markets for consumer financial
products work for Americans. Members of the Director’s Financial Analyst
Program will experience diverse roles, responsibilities, and areas of
expertise. As a result, in a short period of time, analysts will play an
integral role in everything the CFPB does, from rigorous data-driven policy
creation and market monitoring to on-site supervision of market
participants. All analysts will complete developmental rotations in offices
throughout the CFPB. These rotations are designed to provide exposure to
the analysis, strategy, research, education, policy development,
supervision, enforcement, and rulemaking activities throughout the Bureau.

We are recruiting for positions that begin after the 2017-2018 academic
year.

Previous Director’s Financial Analysts have used the program as a
springboard to further their careers. Some graduates of the program have
moved on to:

   - Grad school (e.g. Yale, MIT, Columbia, Harvard)
   - Private industry (e.g. Amazon, Uber, Wells Fargo)
   - Public sector (e.g. Department of the Treasury, NY Fed, local
   government)

We will be on campus for an information session on September 28 and the
Diversity Opportunities Fair on September 29. We hope to see some of your
students there!

*HOW TO APPLY*

We are currently accepting resume drops through a posting on your school’s
career center. However, to officially apply, you will need to do so here
<http://www.consumerfinance.gov/careers/> during the following open
application windows:

*Window 1:* September 22 - September 26

*Window 2:* October 12 - October 16

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or if you want to
talk more about the position and application process at leah.kazar at cfpb.gov.

Thanks,

Leah Kazar

*consumerfinance.gov <http://consumerfinance.gov>*