[hcs-d] Week of 9/10: Tech Talks (free swag + food!)

Catherine Tu catherine_tu at college.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 10 23:19:25 EDT 2017

Hey all,

HCS's first tech talks of the year are starting this week! Tech talks are a
fantastic opportunity to learn about leading companies, gain exposure to
the ideas that spearhead various industries, and talk to employees about
their experiences. You will also have a chance to connect with recruiters
as the recruiting season ramps up! Check out some of the talks this week:

*APT Tech Talk*
Tuesday, *9/12, 7:00pm - 8:00pm*
*Sever 103*
Felipe's burritos will be served!

[image: Inline image 1]

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/135163317101063/

APT is a leading analytics software company that empowers organizations to
make data-driven decisions using our proprietary software. APT’s client
portfolio features some of the world’s best known brands, including
Walmart, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, Victoria’s Secret, T-Mobile, and others. As
a member of the Product Development team at APT, you will have a direct
impact on the road map and direction of our software. Our teams innovate
rapidly, solve challenging problems, and allow individuals to pursue new
and creative ideas to push us forward. Our start-up atmosphere and
collaborative approach to development make APT a great place to start and
grow your software development career.

Join APT to hear from team members about our technology and how we empower
companies to leverage Big Data. Team members will be available to discuss
the full-time and internship positions available within our Consulting and
Product Development teams. Burritos will be provided. To learn more, visit
www.joinapt.com/harvard.

*Jane Street Tech Talk*

Wednesday, *9/13, 6:00pm - 7:00pm*

*Emerson 105*

Swag + food!

[image: Inline image 2]

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/130151334292102/

Jane Street is a quantitative trading firm with a unique focus on
technology and collaborative problem solving. Technology is at the core of
how they trade and provide quantitative analysis, and they consider
themselves as much a technology company as a trading firm. Learn more about
one of the leading companies in the fintech industry!

*Microsoft Tech Talk*
Thursday, *9/14, 6:00pm - 7:00pm*
*Fong Auditorium*
Dinner will be provided!
[image: Inline image 3]
RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2048749232023741/

Join Microsoft for an info session on what they're working on and what
opportunities are available at their company! One of the leading companies
in the software industry, Microsoft aims to empower people with innovative
technology.

See you there!

*Catherine Tu*
Director of External Relations
Anticipated A.B. Candidate in Computer Science
Harvard University | Class of 2020