[hcs-d] Innovation Teams @ MIT

Christine Hong christinehong at college.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 5 13:46:25 EDT 2017

Hey guys!

I hope all your school years have been off to a great start. I wanted to reach out to you to highly recommend a class I took at MIT this past semester called innovation teams. The premise of the class is to take cutting-edge technologies developed in MIT labs  and develop various commercialization strategies for them. It’s uniquely engaging because the work you do in the class has real impact on the future of these technologies. Various past i-teams have continued on beyond the course to successfully found, grow, and exit various startups. Because I had such a great experience, the professor and I are trying to get more Harvard students involved in the course. Below is more information about the experience — I hope you enroll or spread the word!

Thanks so much!

All best,
Christine

What if fresh-from-the-lab technologies were like raw superpowers – and your job was to find out how to evolve them to solve real world problems? Your mission starts this semester in iTeams, where you learn by doing. In the past decade, students like you have shepherded over 170 MIT technologies to impact via iTeams.

You'll work with peers from across the institute on actual technologies from MIT Labs. We care about exploring together a path to meaningful impact for MIT's deep tech. iTeams is jointly supported by the School of Engineering and the Sloan School of Management.

Enrollment is limited: find additional info at iTeams.mit.edu <http://iteams.mit.edu/> and apply here <https://goo.gl/forms/mujzzt6FCKdKomCK2>. The course is taught by Luis Perez-Breva <http://linkedin.com/in/lpbreva>.