[hcs-d] Max Tegmark: Being Human in the Age of AI [WEDNESDAY OCT 18]

Andrew Zuckerman azuckerman at college.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:17:41 EDT 2017

Join Harvard Effective Altruism Wednesday, October 18th 7:00-8:30PM at Science Center Hall C for a discussion with Prof. Max Tegmark on the future of humanity in the age of AI

Max Tegmark is Professor of Physics at MIT and co-founder of the Future of Life Institute.

Come join us in hearing Max Tegmark talk about what being human will mean in the age of artificial intelligence, sharing ideas from his NYTimes Bestseller, Life 3.0.

You can RSVP to the Facebook event here <https://www.facebook.com/events/1149161621851850/>. The event is free and open to the public.

“This is a compelling guide to the challenges and choices in our quest for a great future of life, intelligence and consciousness—on Earth and beyond."
—Elon Musk, Founder, CEO and CTO of SpaceX and co-founder and CEO of Tesla Motors

“All of us—not only scientists, industrialists and generals—should ask ourselves what can we do now to improve the chances of reaping the benefits of future AI and avoiding the risks. This is the most important conversation of our time, and Tegmark’s thought-provoking book will help you join it.”
—Professor Stephen Hawking, Director of Research, Cambridge Centre for Theoretical Cosmology

“Being an eminent physicist and the leader of the Future of Life Institute has given Max Tegmark a unique vantage point from which to give the reader an inside scoop on the most important issue of our time, in a way that is approachable without being dumbed down.”
—Jaan Tallinn, co-founder of Skype