[hcs-d] Max Tegmark: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence

Andrew Zuckerman azuckerman at college.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 13 12:45:47 EDT 2017

Come join Harvard Effective Altruism in hearing Max Tegmark, Professor of Physics at MIT and co-founder of the Future of Life Institute talk about what being human will mean in the age of artificial intelligence, sharing ideas from his NYTimes Bestseller, Life 3.0.

Location: Science Center B
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 7:00-8:30pm

Please RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1149161621851850 <https://www.facebook.com/events/1149161621851850>

“This is a compelling guide to the challenges and choices in our quest for a great future of life, intelligence and consciousness—on Earth and beyond."
—Elon Musk, Founder, CEO and CTO of SpaceX and co-founder and CEO of Tesla Motors

“All of us—not only scientists, industrialists and generals—should ask ourselves what can we do now to improve the chances of reaping the benefits of future AI and avoiding the risks. This is the most important conversation of our time, and Tegmark’s thought-provoking book will help you join it.”
—Professor Stephen Hawking, Director of Research, Cambridge Centre for Theoretical Cosmology

“Being an eminent physicist and the leader of the Future of Life Institute has given Max Tegmark a unique vantage point from which to give the reader an inside scoop on the most important issue of our time, in a way that is approachable without being dumbed down.”
—Jaan Tallinn, co-founder of Skype