[hcs-d] [Official WiCS] HAPPENING TODAY! Quora tech talk: Distributing content with machine learning at Quora

Celine Liang cliang at college.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:46:10 EDT 2017

Come join WiCS in exploring how machine learning is used at Quora!

Date/time: Wednesday October 11th, 6:30-7:30pm
Location: Northwest B103
RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1898327597084896/

People use Quora to ask thought-provoking questions and write insightful
answers. To route this content to the right people, we use machine
learning. But, what should our algorithms be optimizing? And, how should
their results be combined? We’ll discuss why applying machine learning to a
product like Quora differs from solving problem sets and winning Kaggle
competitions.
No machine learning background required.

Food will be served!

[image: quoraeng.jpg]