[hcs-d] STEM Scholarship Opportunity

Jarele Soyinka jsoyinka at college.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 21 14:18:57 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jenny Mith
Date: Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:33 PM
Subject: STEM Scholarship Opportunity

Hi All,

I'm Jenny and I currently work for Codesmith as the Diversity in STEM
Outreach Manager. I just wanted to reach out and share a scholarship
opportunity for Harvard undergraduate and graduate students, particularly
those interested in learning to code.

The *Summer Academy of Code Scholarship* will subsidize *up to 100% of
tuition* for 10 exceptional college and graduate students
participating in Summer
Academy of Code <http://www.summeracademyofcode.org>, a one-week coding
residency taking place in Los Angeles and Oxford.

Summer Academy of Code is an intensive course designed to teach students
the fundamentals of computer programming and JavaScript. Summer Academy
students will get the opportunity to

   - Build dynamic web applications,
   - Work with leading tech professionals from companies like Netflix and
   Omaze, and
   - Drastically improve their technical communication skills (which are
   essential in the software engineering and larger tech industries)

Students do not need a Computer Science background or prior coding
experience to apply. However, they must be able to demonstrate a commitment
to technical excellence and a strong capacity for technical communication.

I have attached a one-page informational brief about the scholarship.
Students can also start their application here: www.summeracademyofcode.org/
scholarship.

Best,
Jenny | Codesmith <http://www.codesmith.io>
Diversity in STEM Outreach Manager
[image: File]
<https://files10.mixmaxusercontent.com/RbtzeTeaAw6y2x2DQ/f/vAQSSFnR1VVja6OTX/?messageId=oXr2qV0Cm1b1HWGzM&rn=&re=iUHZl5CZyFmdyFGauM3YoBEZyF2bi1ycjhmI>
SummerAcademyofCodeScholarship-Brief.pdf 395KB
<https://files10.mixmaxusercontent.com/RbtzeTeaAw6y2x2DQ/f/vAQSSFnR1VVja6OTX/?messageId=oXr2qV0Cm1b1HWGzM&rn=&re=iUHZl5CZyFmdyFGauM3YoBEZyF2bi1ycjhmI>
Download
<https://files10.mixmaxusercontent.com/RbtzeTeaAw6y2x2DQ/f/vAQSSFnR1VVja6OTX/?messageId=oXr2qV0Cm1b1HWGzM&rn=&re=iUHZl5CZyFmdyFGauM3YoBEZyF2bi1ycjhmI>
[image: