[hcs-d] Teach Data Science for Civic Impact to Boston High School Students!

Athena Kan athenakan at college.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 5 15:47:22 EST 2017

*Interested in data science, civic tech, and teaching high school students?*
*Apply by December 15th to become a Teaching Fellow for the Action and
Civic Tech (ACT) Scholars Program!*
*Application Link:*
<https://mltrk.io/link/http%3A%2F%2Fmeet.meetup.com%2Fwf%2Fclick%3Fupn%3DpEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTtzPQNk81oRRack3Axh8kh82Swy61sFkKJlNpOMdahy-2Bl_o2ScIKwzOQIS-2BxuJuyB9Ti1nbOacmXmLcFoSjFEnoh3qINiDiv-2FB7xepjB-2FqkMWc3nMr3dx67wRj9ZLfUUR1sFieqQAV5vZFxDL81wHMhoI3dCbm4RAnOKcX-2Fqg8kn-2BaWJPQ-2BQ0JY3sBkg2SdcXGhhUzwLO5r4z03pp0aNXBx-2FXTDFfcEiFa0kXMzaZchyAze3Umkj8OKhEH6H7LhU2ES3qvN-2FNONgva09LKzaVKkxc-3D/eA8aZe80WsT7kfwGXw6L>
https://goo.gl/forms/gFy
<https://mltrk.io/link/https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FgFy/eA8aZe80WsT7kfwGXw6L>
GyQDMBpLxi5ef2

*What is the ACT Scholars Program?*
The goal of the Action and Civic Tech (ACT) Scholars Program is to expose
high school students in the greater Boston area to civic technology, teach
students how to use technical skills to address disparities in the civic
sphere, and to enable students to develop civic tech projects in
conjunction with local government offices in the Boston area. This program
will be run in partnership with the City of Boston, the Boston Mayor's
Office of New Urban Mechanics, and Excel High School.

*What will my responsibilities be as a Teaching Fellow?*
TF responsibilities include leading *one* of our weekly sessions. We will
work with you to find a dataset and a relevant question to explore with
students! You will only be responsible for teaching one 1.5 hour session at
Excel High School. This is a one time commitment.

For more information, reach out to Pooja (pchandrashekar at college.harvard.edu
<https://mltrk.io/link/mailto%3Apchandrashekar%40college.harvard.edu/eA8aZe80WsT7kfwGXw6L>)
or Alisha (alisha at college.harvard.edu
<https://mltrk.io/link/mailto%3Aalisha%40college.harvard.edu/eA8aZe80WsT7kfwGXw6L>
).

*Apply Here: *
<https://mltrk.io/link/http%3A%2F%2Fmeet.meetup.com%2Fwf%2Fclick%3Fupn%3DpEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTtzPQNk81oRRack3Axh8kh82Swy61sFkKJlNpOMdahy-2Bl_o2ScIKwzOQIS-2BxuJuyB9Ti1nbOacmXmLcFoSjFEnoh3qINiDiv-2FB7xepjB-2FqkMWcBSjk1CJ-2B-2FZi1pKYNjvZB-2FohjX5re0dObMY5ti3onPvjm140KCUOW2l0slPmOjUyJNtD-2B-2FFcSHYfmgU0Kg8FzdOh4E0zJv-2BGfoGXujU2hxLj8KJE9tcDlSleEvHeWmsMWZGLFjxlsU4tl54qEBXtOn2pjmQpvHcGVmEl62I-2FN-2BrE-3D/eA8aZe80WsT7kfwGXw6L>
https://goo.gl/forms/gFy
<https://mltrk.io/link/https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FgFy/eA8aZe80WsT7kfwGXw6L>
GyQDMBpLxi5ef2
*The deadline to apply is December 15th!*