[hcs-d] Invitation to NASA International Space Apps Challenge Boston Info Session

Dianne Lee diannelee at college.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 3 12:06:58 EDT 2017

* Hello Computer Society at Harvard University, *
You are invited to the following event:
NASA International Space Apps Challenge 2017 Boston Info Session
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086?ref=enivte001&invite=MTE3NzEyNjAvaGNzLWJvYXJkQGhjcy5oYXJ2YXJkLmVkdS8w&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invitemodernv2&utm_term=eventpage>

Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:

Saturday, April 8, 2017 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)

*Brooklyn Boulders Somerville* 12A Tyler Street Somerville, MA 02143

View Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=12A+Tyler+Street,+Somerville,+MA+02143+United+States&hl=en>
*Attend Event*
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086?ref=enivte001&invite=MTE3NzEyNjAvaGNzLWJvYXJkQGhjcy5oYXJ2YXJkLmVkdS8w&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invitemodernv2&ref=enivte001&utm_term=attend>
*Share:*
[image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2F32143504086%3Fref%3Desfb%26utm_campaign%3D201308%26utm_source%3DFacebookenivte001>
[image:
Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/home?status=I%27m+attending+NASA+International+Space+Apps+Challenge+2017+Boston+Info+Session...+--+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2Fnasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086%3Fref%3Destwenivte001>
[image:
LinkedIn]
<http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2Fnasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086%3Fref%3Desli%26utm_campaign%3D201308%26utm_source%3DLinkedInenivte001&title=NASA+International+Space+Apps+Challenge+2017+Boston+Info+Session&summary=%5BApr+8%2C+2017%5D+-+%5BBrooklyn+Boulders+Somerville+12A+Tyler+Street+Somerville%2C+MA+02143%5D+-+%5BBinnovative%5D&source=Eventbrite>

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086?ref=enivte001&invite=MTE3NzEyNjAvaGNzLWJvYXJkQGhjcy5oYXJ2YXJkLmVkdS8w&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invitemodernv2&utm_term=eventimage&ref=enivte001>

*We appreciate if you could forward the opportunity below to your
organization members!*

*Students are welcome to join.*

*NASA International Space Apps Challenge (ISAC)* is the largest hackathon
in the world. It is commissioned by NASA to get citizens to collaborate on
its mission directives. We are organizing NASA ISAC in Boston, April 29th -
April 30th, 2017.

Come to the *Info session of NASA ISAC 2017 Boston on Saturday, April 8th*
to meet awesome people to build your team. Our silver sponsor, *Brooklyn
Boulders Somerville <http://brooklynboulders.com/somerville/>* will host
this event.
  *About NASA ISAC*

The International Space Apps Challenge
<https://2017.spaceappschallenge.org/> is an international mass
collaborative hackathon focused on space exploration that takes place over
48-hours in cities around the world. The event embraces collaborative
problem solving with a goal of producing relevant open-source solutions to
address global needs applicable to both life on Earth and life in space.
NASA is leading this global collaboration along with a number of additional
government collaborators and 100+ local partner organizations. Space Apps
is a NASA incubator innovation program.

In addition to hosting our local teams, Boston will also host several
special teams. These international teams comprise of members from both the
Boston and Tokyo ISAC, and satellite locations at U-Tokyo and will
collaborate across continents.
  *International Team (Collaboration with Japan)*

During the hackathon, we bring together select participants to form teams
comprising of people from Japan and Boston. These ‘international teams’ are
exciting collaboration opportunities to allow participants to develop
multi-cultural perspective since team-members work collaboratively across
the ocean.

Each international team consists of about 5-8 participants from Japan and
Boston (i.e. 3 from Japan, 3 from Boston) with diverse technical and
professional backgrounds. The participants from Japan will join you via
communication tools such as Google Hangout and Skype.

If you are interested in innovation and cross-cultural collaboration, this
truly one of a kind experience is for you.

NASA ISAC Boston is organized by: Binnovative.org
<http://www.binnovative.org>

*FAQs*

*Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?*

18 years or older. If you’re under 18, please get permission from a
responsible adult. You must register to participate.

*What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the
event?*

To get to the Brooklyn Boulders Somerville by public transportation

*Train*: Red Line to Porter / Harvard Square (~10 minute walk)
*Bus*: 83 or 87 to Somerville Avenue @ Central Street

Click here for Google Maps directions to the Brooklyn Boulders Somerville
<https://goo.gl/maps/DgZVwEhowV32>

*How can I contact the organizer with any questions?*

For more details: http://www.spaceappsboston.org
Or email us at: info at SpaceAppsBoston.org

*Where is the NASA ISAC 2017 Boston event on April 29th - 30th?*

NASA ISAC 2017 Boston will be held at Cambridge Innovation Center. We’ll
keep you posted on the registration information! Stay Tuned!!

Share this event on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=https%3A//www.eventbrite.com/e/nasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086%3Fref%3Desfb>
and Twitter
<http://twitter.com/home?status=https%3A//www.eventbrite.com/e/nasa-international-space-apps-challenge-2017-boston-info-session-tickets-32143504086%3Fref%3Destw>

We hope you can make it!

Cheers,
Binnovative
[image: eventbrite]

This invitation was sent to hcs-board at hcs.harvard.edu by Binnovative
<http://www.eventbrite.com/org/7438083653> the organizer. To stop receiving
invitations from this organizer, you can unsubscribe
<http://www.eventbrite.com/inviteunsubscribe?email=hcs-board%40hcs.harvard.edu&oid=7386379&sig=AGNbPwEBAUzXAuUKUoCVd0-GTk8GgQanoA&invite_id=11771260>.

Eventbrite, Inc. | 155 5th St, 7th Floor | San Francisco, CA 94103
[image: Eventbrite]
<http://www.eventbrite.com/?ref=eemail&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invite&utm_term=footer_invite>