[hcs-d] Fwd: Capital One Women in Technology sponsored by Gender Inclusivity in Math

Richard Ouyang rouyang at college.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 26 17:51:38 EDT 2016

*Capital One Women in Technology *

Sponsored by Harvard Gender Inclusivity in Mathematics

*Date: Wednesday, September 28*

*Time: 5pm – 6:30pm*

*Location: Sever Hall 113*

Embracing diversity is critical to getting the best talent. We believe our
workforce should reflect the communities and customers we serve. Our
associates bring a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences
to our company. Harnessing the collective wisdom of our people enables us
to build a great company and bring breakthrough products and services to
our more than 65 million customers. Join us as we discuss how Capital One
is tackling the challenge of diversity in the tech workplace.

There will be food and prizes (Google Chromecast, Raspberry Pi Starter Kit,
Fitbit)!

*Keynote Speaker*

Melanie Frank – Vice President – Technology

As Vice President of Card Servicing Technology, Melanie leads agile
development teams that deliver servicing and originations experiences for
Capital One.  Her platforms are utilized by millions of customers every day
and process billions of dollars in payments a month.  The teams completed
updating all the platform technology to open source tools and released the
first customer-facing applications for Capital One that are hosted in the
Cloud.

*Capital One Tech Coffee Chats*

*Date: Wednesday, September 28*

*Time: 11am – 4pm*

*Location – **Capital One 360 Cafe, 24 John F. Kennedy St*

Sign up on Crimson Careers to chat one-on-one with new college hires about
what it’s like to work in technology at Capital One!

If you are interested in learning more about Capital One technology, take a
look at our internship and new graduate opportunities.

*Full-Time*

https://campus.capitalone.com/job/mclean/technology-
development-program-harvard-university/1786/2714266

*Intern*

https://campus.capitalone.com/job/mclean/technology-intern-
program-harvard-university/1786/2714262

*Other upcoming events:*

*Capital One Tech Series*

Tuesday, Oct. 4, 6:00– 7:30pm, Emerson Hall 105

*Big Data Analytics & Technology Fair*

Thursday, Oct. 6, 2:00– 5:00pm, Harvard SOCH

*Women in Technology sponsored by Harvard Women in Computer Science*

Wednesday, Oct. 13, 5:30– 7:30pm, Ticknor Lounge

*Tech Bootcamp sponsored by Harvard Computer Society*

Thursday, Oct. 13, 6:00– 8:00pm, TBA

*HackHarvard*

Friday, Oct. 21 – Sunday, Oct. 23

*Internship Networking Night*

Wednesday, Nov. 2, 6:00– 8:00pm, Capital One 360 Cafe, 24 John F. Kennedy St