[hcs-d] Apply Now: Science and Engineering Summit for Undergraduates at D. E. Shaw Research

Gabrielle Milner milner at college.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 20 21:45:46 EDT 2016

*D. E. Shaw Research*

*Science and Engineering Summit for Undergraduates*

*Friday, November 4, 2016*

D. E. Shaw Research <http://www.deshawresearch.com/> (DESRES) seeks
exceptional undergraduates pursuing degrees in the computational sciences
to join us at our annual Science and Engineering Summit for Undergraduates
<http://www.deshawresearch.com/summit>.  This event will take place on
Friday, November 4, 2016, and will bring students pursuing bachelor’s
degrees in science and engineering to our offices in New York for a day of
presentations, discussions, networking, and plenty of food and drink!  This
is an opportunity to learn about the internship and career opportunities
available at D. E. Shaw Research, explore our scientific computing and
research projects in detail, and connect with other students from across
the country who share your interest in science and technology.

Enjoy the vantage point from our Times Square office and an evening in New
York City on us!  We will cover the cost of travel to and from New York as
well as hotel accommodations for two nights for all selected attendees.

If you are studying computer science, engineering, biology, chemistry,
physics, applied math, materials science, or another scientific field with
a focus on computational methods, and are interested in attending this
event, *please email your resume to Careers at DEShawResearch.com
<Careers at DEShawResearch.com?subject=DESRES%20Summit> with the subject line
“DESRES Summit” by Monday, September 26, 2016*.  We can only invite a
limited number of attendees to the summit, but we welcome submissions from
students of all experience levels.

*D. E. Shaw Research is a New York–based independent research laboratory
that conducts basic scientific research in the field of computational
biochemistry under the direct scientific leadership of Dr. David Shaw. Our
group is currently focusing primarily on long molecular dynamics
simulations involving proteins and other biological macromolecules of
potential interest from both a scientific and a pharmaceutical perspective.
An integral part of our effort consists of designing and developing custom
hardware and software to carry out this research. We are also pursuing drug
discovery programs, leveraging the insights enabled by our novel
technologies, with an initial focus on drug targets that have proved
resistant to traditional drug discovery methods. For more information about
the group, please visit www.DEShawResearch.com
<http://www.DEShawResearch.com>.*

[image: cid:image001.png at 01D21047.D4864F20]
<http://www.deshawresearch.com/summit>