[hcs-d] [TODAY] Interested in civic tech? Join the Harvard Open Data Project!

Neel Mehta neelmehta at college.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 19 10:58:06 EDT 2016

​Join the Harvard Open Data Project!

​Interested in open data, civic technology, data science, or data
visualization?​ Join the Harvard Open Data Project -- come to our intro
meeting on Monday, September 19 from 4:00-5:00 PM in Lamont 240​!

​We've teamed up with the former deputy CTO of the US, Harvard's CTO, and
Harvard's Chief Digital Officer to build Harvard's first open data catalog
<http://data.harvard.edu>​. We're empowering Harvard students to hack with
Harvard data including admissions data, course catalogs, dhall menus, and
university finances.​

As we expand, we're looking for people with a passion for anything from
data science to public policy. Join our team to ​build our web frontend and
data analysis tools, create visualizations and apps with Harvard data, work
closely with our mentors in the civic tech space, and craft university-wide
open data policies.

Sound awesome? Join us on Monday 9/19 from 4:00-5:00pm in Lamont 240!

Contact neelmehta at college.harvard.edu with questions.

See our website for more information.
<http://harvard-open-data.herokuapp.com/>
​​